News tagged ‘TargetedTherapy’ clear
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Treatment with three "targeted" cancer drugs has been linked to a slightly elevated chance of fatal side effects, according to a new analysis led by scientists at Dana-Farber. These risks remain low, but they should be factored in when developing patients’ treatment plans.
Tags: chemotherapy, PatientEducation, PatientSafety, TargetedTherapy
- The Massachusetts Life Sciences Center has awarded Dana-Farber Cancer Institute a $10 million grant to support the expansion of its pioneering cancer imaging research program with a new imaging facility which will support more rapid assessment of therapies and play a key role in the delivery of personalized medicine.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants, TargetedTherapy, Imaging
- Dana-Farber and Brigham and Women's Hospital have launched Profile, one of the most comprehensive cancer research studies to help accelerate the development of personalized treatments for every person with cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- A new discovery by Jean Zhao, PhD, and colleagues may help physicians predict which tumors are likely to become resistant to a given drug. In the report, published by Nature Medicine, researchers described how they created a genetically engineered mouse model of human breast cancer in which the most frequently occurring breast cancer oncogene, PIK3CA, could be turned on and off.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Dana-Farber researchers have discovered how some cancer cells can evade the effect of cetuximab. This insight may explain why some cancers that initially respond to cetuximab become resistant to it, or how to overcome such resistance.
Tags: ColonCancer, EGFR, TargetedTherapy
- A new oral drug caused dramatic shrinkage of a patient's rare,
aggressive form of soft-tissue cancer that was driven by an abnormally
activated protein, physician-scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer
Tags: Sarcoma, TargetedTherapy
- Belfer Institute and sanofi-aventis scientists will work jointly with
the goal of discovering new anticancer drugs targeted at specific
Tags: TargetedTherapy, TranslationalResearch
- In a demonstration that even some of the most hard-to-treat
tumors may one day succumb to therapies aimed at molecular "weak
points," researchers at Dana-Farber report the first instance in which
metastatic melanoma has been driven into remission by a targeted
Tags: Melanoma, TargetedTherapy
Showing 21-30 of 31 items