- The American Society of Hematology will present the 2011 Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology to David G. Nathan, MD, for his career combining outstanding teaching, pioneering research, and excellence in clinical care.
- Ken Anderson, MD, briefed members of Congress and their legislative staffs on blood cancer care and research, and the importance of protecting and enhancing federal research funding.
Tags: Grants, MultipleMyeloma
- Androgen deprivation therapy — one of the most common treatments for
prostate cancer — may increase the risk of death from heart disease in
patients over age 65, according to a new study by researchers at
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women's Hospital and other
- Researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute have found a
previously unknown molecular pathway in mice that spurs the growth of
new blood vessels when body parts are jeopardized by poor circulation.
- Dana-Farber scientists identify a protein that is a cause of cachexia, a severe wasting of fat and muscle in half of all cancer patients, and show that blocking the protein in mice can prevent or halt the debilitating condition.
- The use of monoclonal antibodies to activate an immune-system response
to abnormal cells resulted in a significant increase in survival time in
patients with metastatic melanoma, report Dana-Farber researchers.
Tags: ImmuneSystem, Melanoma, TranslationalResearch
- Combination of cell-killing drug and monoclonal antibody slowed or
halted tumor growth in almost half a group of patients whose cancers had
become resistant to standard treatments.
Tags: Antibody, BreastCancer
- Studies in zebrafish show that a 50-year-old antipsychotic medication can actively combat the cells of a difficult-to-treat form of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- Elevated levels of anxiety may cause women with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), the most common form of non-invasive breast cancer, to overestimate their risk of recurrence or dying from breast cancer, suggests a study led by Dana-Farber researchers.
Showing 21-30 of 522 items