News tagged ‘ChildhoodCancer’ clear
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center physicians and nurses are collaborating to create an Egypt-based fellowship training program in pediatric oncology.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Partnerships
- David Pellman, MD, a pediatric oncologist at Dana-Farber and
Children's Hospital Boston, is one of 56 scientists just selected as an
investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, a non-profit
medical research organization that ranks as one of the nation's largest
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer
- Tens of thousands of childhood cancer survivors are now in their 20s, 30s, and beyond, facing life-long risks of treatment-related health issues. Increasingly, primary care physicians will need to be knowledgeable about symptoms and complaints that might be related to cancer treatments their patients received decades ago.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Survivorship, Leukemia
- The study highlights the need for comprehensive survivorship care and
the need to educate primary care physicians in the long-term issues
facing childhood cancer survivors.
- New study shows medulloblastomas originate in cells that turn malignant when acted on by a cancer-causing oncogene.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, BrainTumors
- When Charlie was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia at age 4, his mother sent regular email updates to her large family and circle of friends. Her reflections grew into a touching chronicle of four years in the life of a child with cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, StemCellTransplant, PatientVideos, Leukemia
- The American Association for Cancer Research named Alan D. D'Andrea, MD, the recipient of the 52nd Annual AACR G.H.A. Clowes Memorial Award for his work in understanding cancer survival and progression.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center is one of the first three institutions to be named as a Center of Excellence by Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Grants, Honors
- "Twinning" U.S.-based and Rwandan physicians in a team approach has shown to improve lymphoma outcomes in children in a country lacking any specialists in children's cancers.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
Showing 21-29 of 29 items