News tagged ‘Genomics’ clear
- Study finds similarities in genetic characteristics of different tumor types, which could lead to common strategies for treating them.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- A study by researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute shows that not all doctors are ready to embrace tests that look for hundreds of DNA changes in patients' tumor samples, while others plan to offer this type of cancer gene testing to most of their patients.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Scientists from Dana-Farber and the Broad Institute have sequenced 25 melanoma tumors and confirmed the long-held suspicion that chronic sun exposure plays a role in skin cancer.
Tags: Genomics, Melanoma
- Scanning the DNA of nearly 5,000 tumor samples, a team led by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Broad Institute has identified 140 regions of scrambled genetic code believed to contain many undiscovered cancer genes.
Tags: Genomics, Genetics
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network has identified a large number and variety of DNA alterations in squamous cell lung cancer tumors, which could serve as potential therapeutic targets for treating the second most common type of lung cancer.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- A team led by Dana-Farber scientists has developed a more human-like
mouse model of cancer they say will aid the search for cancer-causing
genes and improve the predictive value of laboratory drug testing.
Tags: Genomics, Genetics
- The search for cancer genes is increasingly a matter of molecular
"To Tell the Truth," as scientists seek to distinguish genes actually
involved in the disease from those that are imposters.
Tags: Genomics, BrainTumors
- Small cell lung cancer – a disease for which no new drugs have been approved for many years – has shown itself vulnerable to an agent that disables part of tumor cells’ basic survival machinery, researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology reported.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer
- A genetic survey of glioblastoma reveals a variety of broken, missing,
and overactive genes, report scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer
Institute and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, BrainTumors
Showing 21-30 of 51 items