News tagged ‘Genomics’ clear
- A study by researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute shows that not all doctors are ready to embrace tests that look for hundreds of DNA changes in patients' tumor samples, while others plan to offer this type of cancer gene testing to most of their patients.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Scientists from Dana-Farber and the Broad Institute have sequenced 25 melanoma tumors and confirmed the long-held suspicion that chronic sun exposure plays a role in skin cancer.
Tags: Genomics, Melanoma
- Scanning the DNA of nearly 5,000 tumor samples, a team led by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Broad Institute has identified 140 regions of scrambled genetic code believed to contain many undiscovered cancer genes.
Tags: Genomics, Genetics
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network has identified a large number and variety of DNA alterations in squamous cell lung cancer tumors, which could serve as potential therapeutic targets for treating the second most common type of lung cancer.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- A team led by Dana-Farber scientists has developed a more human-like
mouse model of cancer they say will aid the search for cancer-causing
genes and improve the predictive value of laboratory drug testing.
Tags: Genomics, Genetics
- The search for cancer genes is increasingly a matter of molecular
"To Tell the Truth," as scientists seek to distinguish genes actually
involved in the disease from those that are imposters.
Tags: Genomics, BrainTumors
- A genetic survey of glioblastoma reveals a variety of broken, missing,
and overactive genes, report scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer
Institute and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, BrainTumors
- Scientists have catalogued more than 5,000 tumor DNA profiles in a database of genetic abnormalities in cancer, a resource aimed at tailoring highly specific drugs to the particular genetic mutations and other abnormalities that drive a patient's cancer.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- A collaborative study involving Dana-Farber researchers has
unearthed a variety of genetic alterations in lung tumors, more than
doubling the number already linked to the disease.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer
Showing 21-30 of 45 items