News tagged ‘BasicResearch’ clear
- Using a novel three-part screening process, scientists at Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute have identified a gene that is made inappropriately in
about a third of all breast cancers. The discovery, reached in
collaboration with researchers at Brigham and Womens Hospital (BWH) and
the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, is reported in the June 15,
2007, issue of the journal Cell.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer
- The license grants the companies exclusive rights to develop human
monoclonal antibodies to treat and protect against group 1 influenza
viruses, which include the H1N1 virus.
- The grant will help research into a vaccine that targets parts of the
flu virus that do not change from one strain to the next, removing the
need to create updated vaccines for seasonal flus or pandemics.
Tags: BasicResearch, Influenza
- Edward J. Benz, Jr., MD, offers his thoughts on the introduction of the
21st Century Cancer Access to Life-Saving Early detection, Research and
Treatment (ALERT) Act.
Tags: BasicResearch, Prevention
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute researchers have isolated a new type of energy-burning fat cell called "beige fat" in adult humans which they say may have therapeutic potential for treating obesity.
- David Steensma, MD, leads Dana-Farber's efforts as part of a six-institution, $16 million research consortium advancing the treatments and outcomes for patients suffering from Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS), a group of diseases that affect the bone marrow and blood.
- David Pellman, MD, a pediatric oncologist at Dana-Farber and
Children's Hospital Boston, is one of 56 scientists just selected as an
investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, a non-profit
medical research organization that ranks as one of the nation's largest
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer
- Testifying today at a U.S. Senate Committee hearing on federal priorities for the fight against cancer, Dana-Farber President Edward J. Benz, Jr., MD, urged legislators to view cancer research through the widest possible prism.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants
- The National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), recently announced grants expected to total approximately $30 million to establish a new Center of Excellence in Genomic Science at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and continue its support of the center at Stanford University.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- Dana-Farber and Brigham and Women's Hospital have launched Profile, one of the most comprehensive cancer research studies to help accelerate the development of personalized treatments for every person with cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
Showing 21-30 of 115 items