News tagged ‘BreastCancer’ clear
- Dana-Farber has opened a mammography suite within the Whittier Street Health Center, located in Boston's Roxbury neighborhood.
Tags: BreastCancer, Disparities, Imaging
- Erica Mayer, MD, MPH, is a breast cancer expert at Dana-Farber. She says there are at least five simple ways women can reduce their risk of getting the disease.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genetics, Prevention
- Breast cancer risk and prevention experts comment on new guidelines
suggesting women ages 40 to 49 do not need regular breast cancer
- Practice-changing clinical research conducted at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology was featured at the 2014 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting Plenary Session.
Tags: BreastCancer, ProstateCancer
- Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, and colleagues identified a network of growth-spurring genes that drive stem-like breast cancer cells enriched in triple-negative breast tumors.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics
- Younger women are more likely to be diagnosed with later-stage breast
cancer, and treatment may affect fertility. Dana-Farber's specialized
program addresses the unique needs of these patients.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the world's largest grassroots network of
breast cancer survivors and activists, has announced the appointment of
Eric P. Winer, MD, a nationally known medical oncologist, researcher
and educator from the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical
Center, as its chief scientific advisor.
- Dana-Farber's Judy Garber, MD, MPH, an internationally recognized leader in clinical and translational research on breast cancer, has been elected to the Institute of Medicine.
Tags: BreastCancer, Honors, Genetics
- Scientists from Brigham and Women's Hospital and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and their colleagues have found a genetic marker that predicts which aggressive "triple negative" breast cancers and certain ovarian cancers will likely respond to platinum-based chemotherapies.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Genomics, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
Showing 21-30 of 59 items