News tagged ‘Genetics’ clear
- Dana-Farber researchers have identified previously unknown
mutations in a single gene in 8 percent of neuroblastomas, which account
for around 15 percent of all childhood cancer deaths.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genetics
- A new study by an international team of investigators led by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute scientists is the first to demonstrate that chemotherapy and a new, targeted therapy work better in combination than chemotherapy alone in treating patients with the most common genetic subtype of lung cancer.
Tags: LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Dana-Farber researchers have found that the basic cause of age-related
health decline is malfunctioning telomeres — the end-caps on cells'
chromosomes that protect them against DNA damage.
Tags: ImmuneSystem, Genetics
- A new study by researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute shows a half-day educational program can help women successfully deal with side effects of ovary removing surgery as a cancer prevention measure.
Tags: OvarianCancer, Genetics
- Nine-fold higher pancreatic cancer risk suggests people with this genetic syndrome should be closely monitored.
Tags: ProstateCancer, Genetics
- A new discovery by Jean Zhao, PhD, and colleagues may help physicians predict which tumors are likely to become resistant to a given drug. In the report, published by Nature Medicine, researchers described how they created a genetically engineered mouse model of human breast cancer in which the most frequently occurring breast cancer oncogene, PIK3CA, could be turned on and off.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Researchers working in genomics and molecular biology have demonstrated that a surplus of a gene known as GOLPH3 can spur cancer cell growth.
Tags: Genomics, Genetics
- Deprived of androgen hormones, the receptor finds an alternative genetic
pathway to continue growth of prostate cancer cells. An understanding
of this behavior could lead to new therapies targeting specific genes.
Tags: BasicResearch, ProstateCancer, Genetics
- Dana-Farber and Broad Institute researchers for the first time are able to show the past, present, and future of CLL tumors.
Tags: Genetics, Leukemia
Showing 21-30 of 33 items