News tagged ‘Genomics’ clear
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network has identified a large number and variety of DNA alterations in squamous cell lung cancer tumors, which could serve as potential therapeutic targets for treating the second most common type of lung cancer.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Scanning the DNA of nearly 5,000 tumor samples, a team led by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Broad Institute has identified 140 regions of scrambled genetic code believed to contain many undiscovered cancer genes.
Tags: Genomics, Genetics
- Scientists from Dana-Farber and the Broad Institute have sequenced 25 melanoma tumors and confirmed the long-held suspicion that chronic sun exposure plays a role in skin cancer.
Tags: Genomics, Melanoma
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- A study by researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute shows that not all doctors are ready to embrace tests that look for hundreds of DNA changes in patients' tumor samples, while others plan to offer this type of cancer gene testing to most of their patients.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy
- Study finds similarities in genetic characteristics of different tumor types, which could lead to common strategies for treating them.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- Dana-Farber and Broad Institute researchers have identified two mutations that collectively occur in 71 percent of malignant melanoma tumors. These highly "recurrent" mutations may be the most common mutations in melanoma cells found to date.
Tags: Genomics, Melanoma
- Dana-Farber and the Broad Institute researchers have found high levels of the bacterium Fusobacterium in colorectal cancers, a sign that it might contribute to the disease and potentially lead to further research.
Tags: BasicResearch, ColonCancer, Genomics
- Researchers from the Broad Institute, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and
Weill Cornell Medical College have laid bare the full genetic blueprint
of multiple prostate tumors, uncovering alterations that have never
before been detected and offering a deep view of the genetic missteps
that underlie the disease.
Tags: Genomics, ProstateCancer
Showing 21-30 of 44 items