News tagged ‘Honors’ clear
- David G. Nathan, MD, president emeritus of Dana-Farber, was bestowed with the highest honor give by the American Society of Hematology: the Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology.
- Levi Garraway, MD, PhD, has been named as a recipient of the prestigious Paul Marks Prize for Cancer Research, which recognizes promising investigators aged 45 or younger who are advancing the field of cancer research.
Tags: Genomics, Honors, Genetics
- Dana-Farber has been named a “Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality” in the Healthcare Equality Index 2013, an annual survey by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the country’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender organization.
Tags: Honors, PatientSupport
- Stuart H. Orkin, MD, chairman of the department of pediatric oncology at Dana-Farber/Children’s Hospital Cancer Center, will receive the Jessie Stevenson Kovalenko Medal at the National Academy of Sciences’ 150th Annual meeting in April.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, was presented with the 2012 AACR Outstanding Investigator Award for Breast Cancer Research at the 35th annual CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Honors
- The grants support high-risk, high-reward research that utilizes new
ideas and new approaches to solve critical problems in cancer research.
- Stand Up To Cancer announced the second round of awards for its Innovative Research Grants Program, naming the 13 young scientists who will receive a combined $9.74 million to conduct high-risk/high-reward translational cancer research. Dana-Farber's Catherine J. Wu, MD, is one of the recipients.
Tags: Grants, Honors, Prevention, Leukemia
- The American Society of Clinical Oncology named Ken Anderson, MD, its 2011 David A. Karnofsky Memorial Award and Lecture honoree for his outstanding achievements in cancer research and patient treatment.
Tags: Honors, MultipleMyeloma
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is the highest ranked cancer hospital in
New England, and fifth in the country, according to a U.S. News &
World Report Survey.
- U.S. News and World Report ranks Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center the top hospital in New England for the 14th straight year.
Showing 21-30 of 36 items