News tagged ‘Prevention’ clear
- The holidays are here and so is all the festive food. Some of it is naughty but much of it can be nice. "Many of the foods we enjoy around the holidays are not only delicious to eat, but they may also contain cancer-fighting nutrients," says Stacy Kennedy, MPH, RD, CSO, LDN, a nutritionist at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention
- Strong social connections may make it harder for some people who live in low-income, minority communities to lead a healthy lifestyle,
report Dana-Farber and Harvard School of Public Health researchers.
Tags: Exercise, Disparities, Prevention
- As the weather grows warmer, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute physicians and nurses are encouraging people to be aware of the dangers of overexposure to the sun and to practice sun safety
Tags: Melanoma, Prevention
- Stand Up To Cancer announced the second round of awards for its Innovative Research Grants Program, naming the 13 young scientists who will receive a combined $9.74 million to conduct high-risk/high-reward translational cancer research. Dana-Farber's Catherine J. Wu, MD, is one of the recipients.
Tags: Grants, Honors, Prevention, Leukemia
- Looking for ways to stay healthy despite the tough economic climate? Dana-Farber experts offer free and easy tips to maintain good health and reduce cancer risks.
- A team of researchers, including those from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Harvard School of Public Health, will be reporting study findings that lend powerful scientific backing to the recommendation that people receive a colonoscopy screening to prevent colorectal cancer.
Tags: ColonCancer, Prevention, PopulationScience
- A new study that proposes a three-in-one test for gynecologic cancers underscores the promise of molecular screening for early detection of endometrial and ovarian cancers, but also suggests that such tests are not yet ready for clinical use. Andrea Myers, MD, PhD, a co-author of the commentary on the study, says the test is an important step in that direction.
Tags: CervicalCancer, OvarianCancer, Prevention, GynecologicCancers
- Seasonal food from the farmers market is not only fresher but also higher in cancer-fighting nutrients, says Dana-Farber nutritionist Stephanie Meyers. Learn why and find recipes that may help reduce cancer risk.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention
- It's still possible to get too much sun exposure in winter. Dana-Farber's skin cancer specialists explain the dangers and offer sun safety tips to help you protect your skin while enjoying outdoor winter activities.
Tags: Melanoma, Prevention, SkinCancer
- Cancer death rates in the United States continue to decline, according to the Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer, published online by the journal Cancer.
Tags: BreastCancer, ColonCancer, LungCancer, Prevention
Showing 21-30 of 34 items