News tagged ‘ChildhoodCancer’ clear
- Justin Bieber's date with young brain tumor patient Avalanna Routh has focused attention on atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumor, or AT/RT. Mark Kieran, MD, PhD, of Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center, discusses this rare cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, BrainTumors
- "Twinning" U.S.-based and Rwandan physicians in a team approach has shown to improve lymphoma outcomes in children in a country lacking any specialists in children's cancers.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- Tens of thousands of childhood cancer survivors are now in their 20s, 30s, and beyond, facing life-long risks of treatment-related health issues. Increasingly, primary care physicians will need to be knowledgeable about symptoms and complaints that might be related to cancer treatments their patients received decades ago.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Survivorship, Leukemia
- When Charlie was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia at age 4, his mother sent regular email updates to her large family and circle of friends. Her reflections grew into a touching chronicle of four years in the life of a child with cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, StemCellTransplant, PatientVideos, Leukemia
- Researchers at Dana-Farber and Children's Hospital Boston have shown that changes in the structure of DNA are responsible for hard-to-treat MLL leukemia – and that it's possible to reverse this process.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Children's Hospital Boston and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as the top pediatric cancer hospital in its 2011-12 Best Children's Hospitals guide.
- Compared to adult patients, parents felt they had little time to
understand the clinical trials process in the midst of coming to terms
with their child's cancer diagnosis.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, PatientEducation
Survey results reveal differences in providing effective treatment of
children with cancer in resource-rich and resource-limited settings.
Raising the survival rate of children with sarcoma in low-income
countries will require steps to diagnose the disease sooner, train
cancer pathologists, expand radiation
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Sarcoma, Disparities
Showing 21-30 of 38 items