News tagged ‘Genomics’ clear
- Dana-Farber researchers are studying melanoma tumors' microenvironments to better understand how some melanoma continue to grow and survive despite the presence of anti-cancer drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, Melanoma
- In one of the largest breast cancer sequencing efforts to date, scientists from Dana-Farber and their colleagues have discovered surprising alterations in genes that were not previously associated with breast cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Genomics
- Scientists from Dana-Farber and the Broad Institute have sequenced 25 melanoma tumors and confirmed the long-held suspicion that chronic sun exposure plays a role in skin cancer.
Tags: Genomics, Melanoma
- Dana-Farber scientists and colleagues have published results from the Cancer Cell Line Encyclopedia, a resource that marries cancer genome data with predictors of drug responses. This information could refine cancer clinical trials and future treatments.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- Scientists from Brigham and Women's Hospital and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and their colleagues have found a genetic marker that predicts which aggressive "triple negative" breast cancers and certain ovarian cancers will likely respond to platinum-based chemotherapies.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Genomics, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Jessie M. English, PhD, has been appointed the head of Research of the Belfer Institute for Applied Cancer Science at Dana-Farber. The Belfer Institute offers the full array of innovative drug discovery capabilities, from the identification of cancer-causing genetic mutations to the validation and selection of new drug targets.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, TranslationalResearch
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Genetic specialists at Dana-Farber/Children’s Hospital Cancer Center (DF/CHCC) are recommending that children being treated for sarcoma should be offered genetic counseling for Li-Fraumeni syndrome, a rare condition that greatly raises a person’s risk of developing additional cancers
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, Sarcoma
- In a paper published online yesterday by the journal Nature, Dana-Farber researchers map out a mechanism by which micronuclei could potentially disrupt the chromosomes within them and produce cancer-causing gene mutations. The findings may point to a vulnerability in cancer cells that could be attacked by new therapies.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- Dana-Farber and Brigham and Women's Hospital have launched Profile, one of the most comprehensive cancer research studies to help accelerate the development of personalized treatments for every person with cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
Showing 21-30 of 47 items