News tagged ‘Genomics’ clear
- A first of its kind study has revealed marked differences in the genomic terrain of the two most common types of cervical cancer, suggesting that patients might benefit from targeted therapies for each type’s molecular idiosyncrasies.
Tags: CervicalCancer, Genomics, GynecologicCancers
- A study by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, the Broad Institute, and other research centers, may offer clues to why rates of esophageal adenocarcinomas (EACs) have risen so sharply. The findings, in Nature Genetics, point to an array of abnormal genes and proteins that may be lynchpins of EAC cell growth and therefore serve as targets for new therapies.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy
- Dana-Farber scientists have linked genetic variants to the regulation of genes involved in breast cancer, including four genes not previously implicated in breast cancer, shedding new insights into the biology of breast cancer.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics
- Dana-Farber and Broad Institute researchers have identified two mutations that collectively occur in 71 percent of malignant melanoma tumors. These highly "recurrent" mutations may be the most common mutations in melanoma cells found to date.
Tags: Genomics, Melanoma
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network has identified a large number and variety of DNA alterations in squamous cell lung cancer tumors, which could serve as potential therapeutic targets for treating the second most common type of lung cancer.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- In a study published in the journal Nature, researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and an international team of associates used a technique involving viral proteins to prioritize which of the many mutated genes in tumor cells are likely involved in cancer and which are mere bystanders.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center researchers have linked genetic mutations to each of the four recognized subtypes of medulloblastoma, the most common malignant brain tumor of children.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Genomics, BrainTumors
- Dana-Farber researchers are studying melanoma tumors' microenvironments to better understand how some melanoma continue to grow and survive despite the presence of anti-cancer drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, Melanoma
- In one of the largest breast cancer sequencing efforts to date, scientists from Dana-Farber and their colleagues have discovered surprising alterations in genes that were not previously associated with breast cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Genomics
- Scientists from Dana-Farber and the Broad Institute have sequenced 25 melanoma tumors and confirmed the long-held suspicion that chronic sun exposure plays a role in skin cancer.
Tags: Genomics, Melanoma
Showing 21-30 of 54 items