News tagged ‘Honors’ clear
- The American Association for Cancer Research named Alan D. D'Andrea, MD, the recipient of the 52nd Annual AACR G.H.A. Clowes Memorial Award for his work in understanding cancer survival and progression.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- David G. Nathan, MD, president emeritus of Dana-Farber, was bestowed with the highest honor give by the American Society of Hematology: the Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology.
- Boston magazine has named 56 physicians and surgeons affiliated with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to its Top Doctors guide. Published in the magazine’s December issue, the Top Doctors list consists of 650 Boston-area physicians from 57 medical specialties.
- The U.S. Green Building Council awarded Dana-Farber's Yawkey Center for Cancer Care its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Gold certification in recognition of its sustainable and green design and construction features.
Tags: Honors, YawkeyCenter
- Two Dana-Farber researchers have been given an award for young investigators who are advancing the field of cancer research. Scott Armstrong, MD, PhD, is being recognized for achievements in cancer stem cell research and genomics; Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, for her pioneering discoveries in breast tissue.
Tags: BasicResearch, Honors, TranslationalResearch
- U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals guide has ranked Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center the top cancer center in New England and fifth overall in the country.
- The American Society of Hematology will present the 2011 Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology to David G. Nathan, MD, for his career combining outstanding teaching, pioneering research, and excellence in clinical care.
- The American Society of Clinical Oncology named Ken Anderson, MD, its 2011 David A. Karnofsky Memorial Award and Lecture honoree for his outstanding achievements in cancer research and patient treatment.
Tags: Honors, MultipleMyeloma
- Stand Up To Cancer announced the second round of awards for its Innovative Research Grants Program, naming the 13 young scientists who will receive a combined $9.74 million to conduct high-risk/high-reward translational cancer research. Dana-Farber's Catherine J. Wu, MD, is one of the recipients.
Tags: Grants, Honors, Prevention, Leukemia
- Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. will recognize George Canellos, MD, an
internationally renowned hematology/oncology expert at Dana Farber
Cancer Institute, for his work in the treatment of advanced Hodgkin's
disease and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Tags: Honors, Lymphoma
Showing 21-30 of 39 items