News tagged ‘TargetedTherapy’ clear
- Dana-Farber scientists found that pancreatic cancer cells' growth and spread are fueled by an unusual metabolic pathway that someday might be blocked with targeted drugs to control the deadly cancer.
Tags: PancreaticCancer, TargetedTherapy
- A study by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, the Broad Institute, and other research centers, may offer clues to why rates of esophageal adenocarcinomas (EACs) have risen so sharply. The findings, in Nature Genetics, point to an array of abnormal genes and proteins that may be lynchpins of EAC cell growth and therefore serve as targets for new therapies.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy
- Scientists from Dana-Farber and the Broad Institute have identified two DNA mutations that appear to drive about 15 percent of meningiomas, a finding that could lead to the first effective drug treatments for the brain tumor.
Tags: TargetedTherapy, BrainTumors
- Dana-Farber researchers found levels of galectin-1, an immunity-related protein, could be the basis of a test, and potentially a targeted treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma.
Tags: TargetedTherapy, Lymphoma
- A new study by an international team of investigators led by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute scientists is the first to demonstrate that chemotherapy and a new, targeted therapy work better in combination than chemotherapy alone in treating patients with the most common genetic subtype of lung cancer.
Tags: LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- A new targeted drug demonstrated its ability to control metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumor, an uncommon and life-threatening form of sarcoma, after the disease had become resistant to all existing therapies, report investigators at Dana-Farber who led the worldwide clinical trial.
Tags: KinaseInhibitor, Sarcoma, TargetedTherapy
- Bruce Johnson, MD, the director of the Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, sorts out the facts about lung cancer and offers simple ways to reduce risk.
Tags: LungCancer, Smoking, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network has identified a large number and variety of DNA alterations in squamous cell lung cancer tumors, which could serve as potential therapeutic targets for treating the second most common type of lung cancer.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Regorafenib was found to reduce the risk of disease progression or death by more than 70 percent in patients whose tumors had become resistant to Gleevec and Sutent.
Tags: DrugResistance, Sarcoma, TargetedTherapy
- Dana-Farber researchers report a novel compound has become the first targeted therapy to benefit patients with non-small cell lung cancer.
Tags: LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
Showing 21-30 of 43 items