- Dana-Farber researchers find adding bortezomib to standard preventive therapy for graft-versus-host-disease (GVHD) results in improved outcomes for some patients.
Tags: GraftVersusHost, StemCellTransplant
- Some babies diagnosed with and treated for a bone marrow failure disorder, called Diamond Blackfan Anemia, may actually be affected by a very rare anemia syndrome that has a different disease course and treatment, say scientists from Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center.
- Dana-Farber/Boston Children's researchers reported promising outcomes data for the first group of boys with X-linked severe combined immunodeficiency syndrome (SCID-X1), a fatal genetic immunodeficiency also known as "bubble boy" disease, who were treated in an international clinical study of a new form of gene therapy.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, ImmuneSystem, Genetics, Leukemia
- Dana-Farber study shows patients with MDS in the 66-to-74 age range fared as well with stem cell transplantation as did patients in the 60-to-65 age range.
- Fifty-four physicians and surgeons affiliated with Dana-Farber have been named to Boston magazine's annual "Top Doctors" guide.
- Dana-Farber scientists have discovered the mechanism behind thalidomide's cancer-killing properties, which could aid development of safer versions and a new class of cancer drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, MultipleMyeloma, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center researchers receive six Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) grants, which support research that moves from the laboratory to the clinic.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants
- In the largest study of its kind, people who ate a daily handful of nuts were 20 percent less likely to die from any cause over a 30-year period than were those who didn’t consume nuts, say scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women's Hospital, and the Harvard School of Public Health.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention
- Jeanna Walsh, MD, has been named medical director of Dana-Farber/New Hampshire Oncology-Hematology (Dana-Farber/NHOH). Dr. Walsh has provided exceptional cancer care to patients in Londonderry since the facility opened in 2008. Her new appointment is effective November 15, 2013.
Tags: Appointments, Partnerships
- The Joint Center for Cancer Precision Medicine, a collaborative initiative among Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, has been established to create “precision medicine treatment pathways” for patients with advanced cancers and to speed the development of personalized therapies.
Tags: Genomics, Partnerships, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
Showing 31-40 of 476 items