News tagged ‘BasicResearch’ clear
- Testifying today at a U.S. Senate Committee hearing on federal priorities for the fight against cancer, Dana-Farber President Edward J. Benz, Jr., MD, urged legislators to view cancer research through the widest possible prism.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants
- The National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), recently announced grants expected to total approximately $30 million to establish a new Center of Excellence in Genomic Science at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and continue its support of the center at Stanford University.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- Bruce Spiegelman, PhD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, has received Belgium's most important international scientific prize for his contributions to understanding the mechanisms of metabolic disorders.
Tags: BasicResearch, Honors
- A team of researchers led by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute investigators has uncovered a connection between people with Down syndrome and having a heightened risk of developing acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) during childhood.
Tags: BasicResearch, Leukemia
- "Beige" fat cells found in healthy subcutaneous fat play a critical role in protecting the body against the disease risks of obesity in mice, report researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, who say their study findings may have implications for therapy of obesity-related illness in humans.
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and its Belfer Institute for Applied Cancer Science are collaborating with Johnson & Johnson Innovation, Boston and Janssen Biotech, Inc., to identify which lung cancer patients would benefit from a new generation of immunotherapies and which combination of such therapies will be the most effective.
Tags: BasicResearch, LungCancer, Immunotherapy
- Dana-Farber and Brigham and Women's Hospital have launched Profile, one of the most comprehensive cancer research studies to help accelerate the development of personalized treatments for every person with cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- In an effort to improve the success rate of investigational
cancer drugs entering clinical trials, the Center for Applied Cancer
Science (CACS) of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Merck and Co.,
Inc., have established a collaboration to identify promising drug
targets, and develop therapeutic candidates to reach those targets.
- Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center has a new website to connect patients and physicians with information about precision cancer medicine, including resources on what precision cancer is and how it can be applied to cancer care today.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- Genetic specialists at Dana-Farber/Children’s Hospital Cancer Center (DF/CHCC) are recommending that children being treated for sarcoma should be offered genetic counseling for Li-Fraumeni syndrome, a rare condition that greatly raises a person’s risk of developing additional cancers
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, Sarcoma
Showing 31-40 of 142 items