News tagged ‘BasicResearch’ clear
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute researchers have isolated a new type of energy-burning fat cell called "beige fat" in adult humans which they say may have therapeutic potential for treating obesity.
- David Steensma, MD, leads Dana-Farber's efforts as part of a six-institution, $16 million research consortium advancing the treatments and outcomes for patients suffering from Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS), a group of diseases that affect the bone marrow and blood.
- Dana-Farber researchers are studying melanoma tumors' microenvironments to better understand how some melanoma continue to grow and survive despite the presence of anti-cancer drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, Melanoma
- In one of the largest breast cancer sequencing efforts to date, scientists from Dana-Farber and their colleagues have discovered surprising alterations in genes that were not previously associated with breast cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Genomics
- Researchers at Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center have devised a strategy to directly activate a natural "death" protein, triggering the self-destruction of cells — which could lead to new possibilities for designing cancer drugs.
- The discovery of a connection between seizure resistance and a protein that modifies metabolism in the brain may result in a new treatment for epilepsy that parallels the results of the ketogenic diet, say researchers from Dana-Farber and Harvard Medical School.
- William G. Kaelin, Jr., MD, received the 2012 American Society for Clinical Investigation’s Stanley J. Korsmeyer Award in recognition of his contributions to the molecular understanding of cellular oxygen sensing and cellular adaptation to hypoxia.
Tags: BasicResearch, Honors
- Dana-Farber researchers report that advanced pancreatic cancers are dependent on the continued expression of a mutant oncogene that "rewires" key metabolic pathways, which suggests that these altered pathways might be potential targets for future drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, PancreaticCancer
- The American Association for Cancer Research named Alan D. D'Andrea, MD, the recipient of the 52nd Annual AACR G.H.A. Clowes Memorial Award for his work in understanding cancer survival and progression.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- Dana-Farber scientists and colleagues have published results from the Cancer Cell Line Encyclopedia, a resource that marries cancer genome data with predictors of drug responses. This information could refine cancer clinical trials and future treatments.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
Showing 41-50 of 125 items