News tagged ‘BreastCancer’ clear
- In a new study, women with relatively small, HER2-positive breast tumors who received a combination of lower-intensity chemotherapy and a targeted therapy following surgery or radiation therapy were very unlikely to have the cancer recur within a few years of treatment.
Tags: chemotherapy, BreastCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Dana-Farber's Judy Garber, MD, MPH, an internationally recognized leader in clinical and translational research on breast cancer, has been elected to the Institute of Medicine.
Tags: BreastCancer, Honors, Genetics
- Dana-Farber has opened a mammography suite within the Whittier Street Health Center, located in Boston's Roxbury neighborhood.
Tags: BreastCancer, Disparities, Imaging
- A survey of young women with breast cancer found that many often overestimate the odds that cancer will occur in their other, healthy breast, and decide to have the healthy breast surgically removed even though most understood that removing both breasts does not extend their survival.
- A novel pairing of two cancer drug types showed promising activity and had manageable toxicities, according to a first-of-its-kind clinical trial led by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Tags: BreastCancer, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- A Dana-Farber and Harvard School of Public Health study finds that most young women with breast cancer chose to have a mastectomy rather than a surgical procedure that would conserve the breast.
Tags: BreastCancer, PopulationScience
- A new report showing that breast cancer patients treated with low doses of radiation therapy have a heightened risk of heart disease suggests that physicians need to work with patients before, during, and after treatment to minimize that risk.
Tags: BreastCancer, Radiation, Survivorship
- Dana-Farber scientists have linked genetic variants to the regulation of genes involved in breast cancer, including four genes not previously implicated in breast cancer, shedding new insights into the biology of breast cancer.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics
- Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, was presented with the 2012 AACR Outstanding Investigator Award for Breast Cancer Research at the 35th annual CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Honors