News tagged ‘Grants’ clear
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Division of Cancer Prevention and Control (DCPC) has awarded a $1.75 million 5 year grant to the Program for Young Women with Breast Cancer at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to increase the awareness of breast cancer among women and enhance the support services for those diagnosed and treated. The Program for Young Women with Breast Cancer at Dana-Farber was one of only seven organizations to be awarded this competitive grant.
Tags: BreastCancer, Grants
- Dana-Farber researchers have received a three-year, $1.2 million research grant from Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) and the Farrah Fawcett Foundation to lead a team in developing and testing new vaccines for patients with cancers linked to the human papillomavirus (HPV).
Tags: Grants, HeadNeckCancers, GynecologicCancers
- Ursula Matulonis, MD, the director of the Gynecological Cancer Treatment Center in the Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers at Dana-Farber receives a $900,000 grant from the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF) to test new combinations of targeted drugs against the disease.
Tags: Grants, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center researchers receive six Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) grants, which support research that moves from the laboratory to the clinic.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants
- Ken Anderson, MD, briefed members of Congress and their legislative staffs on blood cancer care and research, and the importance of protecting and enhancing federal research funding.
Tags: Grants, MultipleMyeloma
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center is one of the first three institutions to be named as a Center of Excellence by Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Grants, Honors
- The SU2C program, which will feature performances from top recording artists, and celebrities from film, television and sports, will encourage viewers to provide financial support for translational research aimed at accelerating the delivery of new cancer therapies to patients.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants
- The Massachusetts Life Sciences Center has awarded Dana-Farber Cancer Institute a $10 million grant to support the expansion of its pioneering cancer imaging research program with a new imaging facility which will support more rapid assessment of therapies and play a key role in the delivery of personalized medicine.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants, TargetedTherapy, Imaging
- Stand Up To Cancer announced the second round of awards for its Innovative Research Grants Program, naming the 13 young scientists who will receive a combined $9.74 million to conduct high-risk/high-reward translational cancer research. Dana-Farber's Catherine J. Wu, MD, is one of the recipients.
Tags: Grants, Honors, Prevention, Leukemia
- Dana-Farber researchers received the grant from the Defense Advanced
Research Projects Agency and the Army Research Office to develop a
treatment against known, unknown, naturally occurring, or engineered
Tags: Grants, ImmuneSystem