News tagged ‘PancreaticCancer’ clear
- A large DNA analysis of people with and without pancreatic cancer has identified several new genetic markers that signal increased risk of developing the highly lethal disease, report scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Dana-Farber scientists found that pancreatic cancer cells' growth and spread are fueled by an unusual metabolic pathway that someday might be blocked with targeted drugs to control the deadly cancer.
Tags: PancreaticCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Dana-Farber researchers report that advanced pancreatic cancers are dependent on the continued expression of a mutant oncogene that "rewires" key metabolic pathways, which suggests that these altered pathways might be potential targets for future drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, PancreaticCancer
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute scientists report that they have shrunk or
slowed the growth of notoriously resistant pancreatic tumors in mice,
using a drug routinely prescribed for malaria and rheumatoid arthritis.
- A protein that dwindles in response to obesity and a sedentary lifestyle
may one day help doctors predict which people are at increased risk for
pancreatic cancer, new research by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and
collaborating scientists indicates.
Tags: Exercise, PancreaticCancer