News tagged ‘TranslationalResearch’ clear
- Dana-Farber's Alan D'Andrea, MD, has been selected to lead a Stand Up To Cancer Dream Team devoted to ovarian cancer research. The team will focus on DNA repair therapies for ovarian cancer.
Tags: OvarianCancer, TranslationalResearch
- Dana-Farber researchers report in the New England Journal of Medicine that ibrutinib, a newly approved drug for Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia, continues to control the rare blood cancer, with 95 percent of patients surviving for two years.
Tags: TargetedTherapy, TranslationalResearch, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is expanding its research footprint by moving into five floors at Longwood Center (360 Longwood Avenue), beginning later this month.
Tags: BasicResearch, TranslationalResearch
- In a major advance in the care of patients with leukemia and other blood disorders, physicians at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center have begun using Rapid Heme Panel, a high-tech genetic test that provides, within a matter of days, an unprecedented amount of critical information to aid the choice of treatment.
Tags: StemCellTransplant, TranslationalResearch, Leukemia
- Sequencing a patient's tumor before and after a clinical trial yielded information on why the tumor responded to and eventually resisted treatment, identifying mutations that may help guide the treatment of patients with cancers with similar mutations.
Tags: TranslationalResearch, HeadNeckCancers
- Dana-Farber researchers have demonstrated that a hormone-depleting drug can help eliminate or nearly eliminate aggressive prostate cancers that have yet to spread beyond the prostate.
Tags: Hormones, ProstateCancer, TranslationalResearch
- A multi-institutional team of researchers has published a study that demonstrates a novel therapy works against solid tumors. It is the first targeted and programmed nanomedicine to enter human clinical studies.
Tags: TargetedTherapy, TranslationalResearch
- By conducting simultaneous clinical trials in patients and labs, Dana-Farber researchers and colleagues have been able to predict how patients with non-small cell lung cancer respond to combination therapy.
Tags: LungCancer, TranslationalResearch
- Jessie M. English, PhD, has been appointed the head of Research of the Belfer Institute for Applied Cancer Science at Dana-Farber. The Belfer Institute offers the full array of innovative drug discovery capabilities, from the identification of cancer-causing genetic mutations to the validation and selection of new drug targets.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, TranslationalResearch
- Two Dana-Farber researchers have been given an award for young investigators who are advancing the field of cancer research. Scott Armstrong, MD, PhD, is being recognized for achievements in cancer stem cell research and genomics; Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, for her pioneering discoveries in breast tissue.
Tags: BasicResearch, Honors, TranslationalResearch