News tagged ‘CopingWithCancer’ clear
- Coping with cancer during the holidays can turn the season from joyful to stressful and full of anxiety. Here's some advice to help patients and their friends and family cope and celebrate this season.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship, CopingWithCancer
- People who are married when diagnosed with cancer live longer than those who are not, report researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- March is National Nutrition Month and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has created a Web-based video series that explores how diet can help support health and wellbeing during and after cancer treatment.
Tags: Nutrition, PatientSupport, Survivorship, CopingWithCancer
- Karen Fasciano, PsyD, clinical psychologist and director of the Young Adult Program at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center, offers some tips for young adult patients.
- Young adults with cancer often face very different challenges than those who were diagnosed as children or older adults.
- Almost one-third of families whose children were being treated for cancer faced food, housing or energy insecurity and one-quarter lost more than 40 percent of household income, according to a new study from Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center published in Pediatric Blood & Cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, CopingWithCancer