News tagged ‘CervicalCancer’ clear
- Ursula Matulonis, MD, and colleagues report a two-drug combination that disrupts critical signaling circuits in cancer cells has produced an observable benefit in patients with recurrent high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSC) or triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC).
Tags: BreastCancer, CervicalCancer
- Dana-Farber researchers and colleagues completed a comprehensive genomic analysis of cervical cancer, identifying recurrent genetic mutations not previously found and shedding light on the role human papillomavirus (HPV) plays in the development of the disease.
Tags: BasicResearch, CervicalCancer, Genomics
- A first of its kind study has revealed marked differences in the genomic terrain of the two most common types of cervical cancer, suggesting that patients might benefit from targeted therapies for each type’s molecular idiosyncrasies.
Tags: CervicalCancer, Genomics, GynecologicCancers
- A new study that proposes a three-in-one test for gynecologic cancers underscores the promise of molecular screening for early detection of endometrial and ovarian cancers, but also suggests that such tests are not yet ready for clinical use. Andrea Myers, MD, PhD, a co-author of the commentary on the study, says the test is an important step in that direction.
Tags: CervicalCancer, OvarianCancer, Prevention, GynecologicCancers
- A report from the nation's leading cancer organizations shows rates of death in the United States from all cancers for men and women continued to decline between 2000 and 2009. The findings come from the latest Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer
Tags: CervicalCancer, Prevention, Survivorship, HeadNeckCancers, GynecologicCancers
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists released new
guidelines saying women do not need their first Pap test until they're
21 years old.