News tagged ‘ColonCancer’ clear
- Regular consumption of caffeinated coffee may help prevent the return of colon cancer
after treatment and improve the chances of a cure, according to a new, large
study from researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Research led by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute showed a new drug combination lengthened the lives of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer, all of whom had exhausted available standard treatments.
- With March marking Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, Dr. Jeffrey Meyerhardt answers some key questions about the disease.
- A new study by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute investigators demonstrates that vitamin D can protect some people with colorectal cancer by perking up the immune system's vigilance against tumor cells.
Tags: ColonCancer, ImmuneSystem
- According to a new study led by Dana-Farber researchers, patients with metastatic colorectal cancer who had high levels of vitamin D in their bloodstream prior to treatment with chemotherapy and targeted drugs, survived longer, on average, than patients with lower levels of the vitamin.
Tags: BasicResearch, ColonCancer, Nutrition
- Scientists have identified a genetic mutation in about 20 percent of colorectal and endometrial cancers that had been overlooked in recent large, comprehensive gene searches. With this discovery, the altered gene, called RNF43, now ranks as one of the most common mutations in the two cancer types.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, GynecologicCancers
- Cancer death rates in the United States continue to decline, according to the Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer, published online by the journal Cancer.
Tags: BreastCancer, ColonCancer, LungCancer, Prevention
- A team of researchers, including those from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Harvard School of Public Health, will be reporting study findings that lend powerful scientific backing to the recommendation that people receive a colonoscopy screening to prevent colorectal cancer.
Tags: ColonCancer, Prevention, PopulationScience
- Charles Fuchs, MD, MPH, director of the Center for Gastrointestinal Oncology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, said colorectal cancer can be detected early thanks to one simple screening test, a colonoscopy.
Tags: ColonCancer, Prevention
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute researchers report that when people with a family history of colorectal cancer develop the disease, their tumors often carry a molecular sign that the cancer could be life-threatening.