News tagged ‘Genetics’ clear
- Scientists will be better able to trace how genetic changes give rise to diseases ranging from cancer to Huntington’s disease with a new map of protein-protein interactions within human cells produced by researchers at the Center for Cancer Systems Biology (CCSB) at Dana-Farber and associates around the world.
Tags: Genomics, Genetics
- A new study by researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute shows a half-day educational program can help women successfully deal with side effects of ovary removing surgery as a cancer prevention measure.
Tags: OvarianCancer, Genetics
- Researchers at Dana-Farber have developed a tool to help predict how a patient’s tumor is likely to behave and which of several possible treatments is most likely to be effective.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genetics
- The most comprehensive genetic study to date of the blood cancer multiple myeloma has revealed that the genetic landscape of the disease may be more complicated than previously thought.
Tags: BasicResearch, MultipleMyeloma, Genetics
- Dana-Farber researchers identify a specific mutation that switches on Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia in one-third of patients, and a drug that targets the mutation — which could lead to better treatments for those patients.
Tags: Genetics, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber/Boston Children's researchers reported promising outcomes data for the first group of boys with X-linked severe combined immunodeficiency syndrome (SCID-X1), a fatal genetic immunodeficiency also known as "bubble boy" disease, who were treated in an international clinical study of a new form of gene therapy.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, ImmuneSystem, Genetics, Leukemia
- The Joint Center for Cancer Precision Medicine, a collaborative initiative among Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, has been established to create “precision medicine treatment pathways” for patients with advanced cancers and to speed the development of personalized therapies.
Tags: Genomics, Partnerships, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Dana-Farber's Judy Garber, MD, MPH, an internationally recognized leader in clinical and translational research on breast cancer, has been elected to the Institute of Medicine.
Tags: BreastCancer, Honors, Genetics
- Research led by Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center reports the discovery of a new genetic target for potential therapy of sickle cell disease.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genetics
- Dana-Farber researchers have used a novel combination of two oral targeted drugs to dramatically slow the growth of glioblastoma brain tumors in mice, which significantly extended the animals’ survival.
Tags: Genetics, BrainTumors