News tagged ‘Appointments’ clear
- Todd R. Golub, MD, Margaret A. Shipp, MD, and Bruce M. Spiegelman, PhD, of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, have been elected to the Institute of Medicine (IOM), a nongovernmental organization that advises the nation on issues related to biomedical science, medicine, and health.
Tags: Appointments, Honors
- Scott A. Armstrong, MD, PhD, an internationally renowned pediatric hematologist/oncologist, has been named Chair of the Department of Pediatric Oncology at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and the David G. Nathan Professor of Pediatrics at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston Children’s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School. He will also serve as Associate Chief of the Division of Hematology and Oncology at Boston Children’s Hospital.
Tags: Appointments, ChildhoodCancer
- Daphne A. Haas-Kogan, MD, has been appointed chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center (DF/BWCC) effective July 1, 2015, and will be appointed professor at Harvard Medical School. She will also be the Endowed Professor of Radiation Oncology at Brigham and Women’s Health Care.
Tags: Appointments, Radiation
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has named Michael Reney its Chief Financial Officer (CFO), where he will be responsible for all financial operations including accounts payable, financial planning and reporting, payroll, capital asset management, tax and general and patient accounting.
- Laurie H. Glimcher, MD, an internationally recognized immunologist, has been named the next president and CEO of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, the Board of Trustees announced today.
- Judy Garber, MD, MPH, director of the Cancer Risk and Prevention Program
at Dana-Farber, has served in many critical leadership roles with the
Tags: Appointments, Prevention
- Giovanni Parmigiani, PhD, was previously director of Johns Hopkins
Cancer Center's Bioinformatics Shared Resource and a professor in the
Departments of Oncology and Biostatistics.
- The former professor of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems at the
University of Washington has pioneered in patient-centered oncology care
and nursing leadership within oncology research.
Tags: Appointments, Nursing
- Jeanna Walsh, MD, has been named medical director of Dana-Farber/New Hampshire Oncology-Hematology (Dana-Farber/NHOH). Dr. Walsh has provided exceptional cancer care to patients in Londonderry since the facility opened in 2008. Her new appointment is effective November 15, 2013.
Tags: Appointments, Partnerships
- Recognizing that patients spend long hours in treatment, Dana-Farber has started lending iPads to patients to help pass the time. test
Tags: Appointments, PatientSupport