News tagged ‘PatientSupport’ clear
- Coping with cancer during the holidays can turn the season from joyful to stressful and full of anxiety. Here's some advice to help patients and their friends and family cope and celebrate this season.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship, CopingWithCancer
- Sylvia Bartel, RPh, MHP, vice president of Pharmacy Services at Dana-Farber, talks about medication safety following news of a recent meningitis outbreak at a Massachusetts-based compounding center. Bartel explains Dana-Farber is one of only a handful of hospitals in the Boston area that compounds or creates medication tailored specifically for individual patients.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSafety, PatientSupport
- Dana-Farber has launched Insight, a new blog providing expert commentary on cancer research news, patient care, and issues relevant to people with cancer and their families.
- Dana-Farber is providing cancer patients and survivors, and their families, access to more than 60 diseases-specific online communities that enables them to connect with others in a private, confidential, and secure environment.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSupport, Survivorship
- Recognizing that patients spend long hours in treatment, Dana-Farber has started lending iPads to patients to help pass the time. test
Tags: Appointments, PatientSupport
- Dana-Farber is further enhancing the patient experience with a contemporary art collection of nearly 500 works by both local and internationally renowned artists throughout the Yawkey Center. A new audio guide allows cancer patients and families to learn more about the artwork.
Tags: PatientSupport, YawkeyCenter
- For cancer patients, the stresses of managing everyday expenses and
care-related costs can be particularly trying, especially in this tough
economy. A new service at Dana-Farber pairs patients with financial
experts to help them with budgeting issues.
- A study led by Jennifer Mack, MD, MPH, suggests that many terminally ill cancer patients do talk with a doctor about their preferences for end-of-life care, but those conversations often occur late in the course of their illness and tend to be with a hospital-based physician and not their oncologist who has been caring for them.
Tags: EndOfLife, PatientEducation, PatientSupport
- Dana-Farber launches a free, easy-to-use Apple iPhone® app that provides recipes and nutrition information that can be searched by cancer patients, cancer survivors, their families, and anyone who wants to have a healthy diet.
Tags: Nutrition, PatientSupport, Prevention, Survivorship