News tagged ‘Genetics’ clear
- Erica Mayer, MD, MPH, is a breast cancer expert at Dana-Farber. She says there are at least five simple ways women can reduce their risk of getting the disease.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genetics, Prevention
- Prostate tumors that carry a "signature" of four molecular markers have
the potential to become dangerously metastatic if not treated
aggressively, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute researchers report in an
online study published by the journal Nature.
Tags: ProstateCancer, Genetics
- Dana-Farber and Brigham and Women's Hospital have launched Profile, one of the most comprehensive cancer research studies to help accelerate the development of personalized treatments for every person with cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Dana-Farber's Judy Garber, MD, MPH, an internationally recognized leader in clinical and translational research on breast cancer, has been elected to the Institute of Medicine.
Tags: BreastCancer, Honors, Genetics
- Research led by Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center reports the discovery of a new genetic target for potential therapy of sickle cell disease.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genetics
- Scientists have unveiled the most comprehensive picture to date of the full genetic blueprint of multiple myeloma. A study of the genomes from 38 cancer samples has yielded insights into the events that lead to this form of blood cancer and could influence the direction of multiple myeloma research.
Tags: MultipleMyeloma, Genetics
- Bruce Johnson, MD, the director of the Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, sorts out the facts about lung cancer and offers simple ways to reduce risk.
Tags: LungCancer, Smoking, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Levi Garraway, MD, PhD, has been named as a recipient of the prestigious Paul Marks Prize for Cancer Research, which recognizes promising investigators aged 45 or younger who are advancing the field of cancer research.
Tags: Genomics, Honors, Genetics
- Dana-Farber researchers identify a specific mutation that switches on Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia in one-third of patients, and a drug that targets the mutation — which could lead to better treatments for those patients.
Tags: Genetics, Lymphoma
- A new study by Dana-Farber researchers shows aspirin therapy can extend the life of colorectal cancer patients whose tumors carry a mutation in a key gene, but has no effect on patients who lack the mutation.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genetics