News tagged ‘Lymphoma’ clear
- "Twinning" U.S.-based and Rwandan physicians in a team approach has shown to improve lymphoma outcomes in children in a country lacking any specialists in children's cancers.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber researchers found levels of galectin-1, an immunity-related protein, could be the basis of a test, and potentially a targeted treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma.
Tags: TargetedTherapy, Lymphoma
- Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. will recognize George Canellos, MD, an
internationally renowned hematology/oncology expert at Dana Farber
Cancer Institute, for his work in the treatment of advanced Hodgkin's
disease and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Tags: Honors, Lymphoma
- A national drug shortage has been linked to a higher rate of relapse among Hodgkin lymphoma patients enrolled in a national pediatric clinical trial, report researchers involved in the study.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber researchers and their colleagues report a toxin linked to a targeted monoclonal antibody has shown antitumor activity in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphomas who were no longer responding to treatment.
- Dana-Farber researchers identify a specific mutation that switches on Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia in one-third of patients, and a drug that targets the mutation — which could lead to better treatments for those patients.
Tags: Genetics, Lymphoma
- Eighty-seven percent of Hodgkin lymphoma patients who participated in an early-phase immunotherapy clinical trial experienced cancer remission.
Tags: Lymphoma, Immunotherapy
- Researchers at Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center have created a peptide that overcomes drug resistance and reactivates programmed cell death in recurrent blood cancers.
Tags: chemotherapy, DrugResistance, Leukemia, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber researchers have found a genetic signature in tumors to help them determine if diffuse large B cell lymphoma patients will benefit more from traditional therapies or targeted therapies.
Tags: BasicResearch, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber scientists have identified a protein that prevents the
body's immune system from recognizing and attacking Hodgkin lymphoma
cells. Based on this finding, the researchers are now investigating
targeted therapies to disable this molecular "bodyguard" and boost a
patient's ability to fight the blood cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, ImmuneSystem, Lymphoma