News tagged ‘PatientSafety’ clear
- A new study suggests most clinicians find computer-based drug
interaction alerts more of an annoyance than a valuable tool, and
suggests improvements to enhance patient safety.
- The sophisticated clinical facility was designed with extensive
involvement from patients, and is expected to speed the availability of
new therapies in a comfortable, safe environment.
Tags: PatientSafety, YawkeyCenter
- The Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), has awarded Dana-Farber Cancer Institute a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet its highest standards for quality cancer care.
- The award "reinforces Dana-Farber's commitment to providing the highest
quality care to our patients and families," says Dana-Farber President
and CEO Edward J. Benz Jr., MD.
- Sylvia Bartel, RPh, MHP, vice president of Pharmacy Services at Dana-Farber, talks about medication safety following news of a recent meningitis outbreak at a Massachusetts-based compounding center. Bartel explains Dana-Farber is one of only a handful of hospitals in the Boston area that compounds or creates medication tailored specifically for individual patients.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSafety, PatientSupport
- Despite the widespread use of prescribing safeguards for infusion
chemotherapy, few of those measures have been implemented with oral
chemotherapy, according to a study led by researchers at Dana-Farber.
- Treatment with three "targeted" cancer drugs has been linked to a slightly elevated chance of fatal side effects, according to a new analysis led by scientists at Dana-Farber. These risks remain low, but they should be factored in when developing patients’ treatment plans.
Tags: chemotherapy, PatientEducation, PatientSafety, TargetedTherapy
- The National Quality Forum and The Joint Commission will recognize Saul N. Weingart, MD, PhD, as a 2012 recipient of the annual John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award.
Tags: Honors, PatientSafety