News tagged ‘ProstateCancer’ clear
- Androgen deprivation therapy — one of the most common treatments for
prostate cancer — may increase the risk of death from heart disease in
patients over age 65, according to a new study by researchers at
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women's Hospital and other
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in Boston and the Irish Cancer Society have formed the Boston-Ireland Prostate Cancer Collaboration. This new entity will conduct and facilitate exchanges of researchers and knowledge between Boston and Ireland.
Tags: BasicResearch, ProstateCancer
- Practice-changing clinical research conducted at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology was featured at the 2014 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting Plenary Session.
Tags: BreastCancer, ProstateCancer
- Prostate tumors that carry a "signature" of four molecular markers have
the potential to become dangerously metastatic if not treated
aggressively, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute researchers report in an
online study published by the journal Nature.
Tags: ProstateCancer, Genetics
- Dana-Farber's Levi Garraway, MD, PhD, has been selected as one of 26 Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators.
Tags: Genomics, Honors, ProstateCancer
- Dana-Farber researchers and colleagues report that men with newly diagnosed metastatic, hormone-sensitive prostate cancer lived more than a year longer when they received a chemotherapy drug as initial treatment instead of waiting for the disease to become resistant to hormone-blockers.
- New findings on prostate cancer from The Cancer Genome Atlas may enable doctors to make better diagnoses and prognoses for patients and provide novel directions for therapies.
Tags: Genomics, ProstateCancer
- Dana-Farber researchers have demonstrated that a hormone-depleting drug can help eliminate or nearly eliminate aggressive prostate cancers that have yet to spread beyond the prostate.
Tags: Hormones, ProstateCancer, TranslationalResearch