News tagged ‘Radiation’ clear
- A new report showing that breast cancer patients treated with low doses of radiation therapy have a heightened risk of heart disease suggests that physicians need to work with patients before, during, and after treatment to minimize that risk.
Tags: BreastCancer, Radiation, Survivorship
- Lurie Family Imaging Center will help researchers study tumors at the
molecular level without the need for biopsy, using specially designed
MRI, CT, PET, ultrasound and optical scanners.
- Dana-Farber researchers discovered that levels of cyclin D1, which allow cancer cells to proliferate abnormally, also help the cells to quickly repair DNA damage caused by radiation treatments, making the tumors resistant to the therapy.
- Researchers find young adults who lack health care insurance are more likely to be diagnosed in advanced stages of cancer and have a higher risk of death.
Tags: Radiation, PopulationScience
- Almost 90 percent of children treated for low-grade gliomas are alive 20 years later and few die from the tumor as adults. However, children whose treatment included radiation had significantly lower long-term survival rates.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Radiation, BrainTumors
- Daphne A. Haas-Kogan, MD, has been appointed chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center (DF/BWCC) effective July 1, 2015, and will be appointed professor at Harvard Medical School. She will also be the Endowed Professor of Radiation Oncology at Brigham and Women’s Health Care.
Tags: Appointments, Radiation
- An altered radiation treatment schedule for the most common and lethal form of brain cancer extended survival times a new study by researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and other organizations has shown.
Tags: Radiation, BrainTumors
- A combination of two drugs may alleviate radiation sickness in people who have been exposed to high levels of radiation, even when the therapy is given a day after the exposure occurred, according to a study led by scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Children's Hospital Boston
Tags: BasicResearch, Radiation