News tagged ‘YawkeyCenter’ clear
- Mission Possible: The Dana-Farber Campaign to Conquer Cancer
raised $1.18 billion, making Dana-Farber the first hospital in New
England to launch and complete a $1 billion capital campaign.
- The sophisticated clinical facility was designed with extensive
involvement from patients, and is expected to speed the availability of
new therapies in a comfortable, safe environment.
Tags: PatientSafety, YawkeyCenter
- The Mission Possible campaign has created new avenues of
research and new treatment options, but more work remains to be done,
according to Institute officials.
- Dana-Farber is further enhancing the patient experience with a contemporary art collection of nearly 500 works by both local and internationally renowned artists throughout the Yawkey Center. A new audio guide allows cancer patients and families to learn more about the artwork.
Tags: PatientSupport, YawkeyCenter
- Its reputation as a world-class cancer center attracts not only patients to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, but also international leaders – and sometimes even royalty. His Royal Highness Prince Philippe, Duke of Brabant, Prince of Belgium, visited Dana-Farber on June 29.
- New patients with cancer can now make an appointment to see an oncologist as soon as the following day at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center.
- Patients and staff at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute were treated to a surprise performance by Boston's Longwood Symphony Orchestra. Ten musicians took time out their busy days to offer a little "music therapy" with the "flash mob" performance of Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 3.
- When Katie Hayes went to her doctor's appointment one recent morning,
she didn't know she was going to be immortalized in steel. She and other
Jimmy Fund Clinic and Dana-Farber patients watched as an ironworker
spray-painted their names onto one of the beams of the Yawkey Center for
- The U.S. Green Building Council awarded Dana-Farber's Yawkey Center for Cancer Care its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Gold certification in recognition of its sustainable and green design and construction features.
Tags: Honors, YawkeyCenter
- In the spirit of the late Tom and Jean Yawkey's nearly half-century of
dedication to the fight against cancer, the Yawkey Foundation has
awarded $30 million, the largest gift in its history, to Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute. The gift will help underwrite construction of the
Yawkey Center for Cancer Care, a state-of-the-art outpatient facility
that is proposed to be developed on Brookline Avenue, at the heart of