News tagged ‘BreastCancer’ clear
- Dana-Farber investigators receive $13.3 million in funding to study whether some groups of patients with DCIS who do not benefit from standard treatment, could be effectively managed with surveillance alone.
- Dana-Farber researchers uncover first potential targeted drug for triple-negative breast cancer as well as vulnerability that could be exploited to slow or prevent the development of resistance to BET-inhibiting drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer
- Research by Dana-Farber physicians presented at the 38th annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium shows a 44% survival improvement for patients with metastatic, HER2-positive breast cancer who received the combination antibody/chemotherapy drug trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1).
- Drugs that inhibit CDK7 may be a new therapy for treating triple-negative breast cancer.
- In the first ever randomized trial in the United States, researchers led by Dr. Wendy Chen will test whether aspirin helps women with breast cancer avoid recurrence and live longer.
- Tari King, MD, has been named Chief of Breast Surgery at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center where she will oversee breast surgery and continue to build DF/BWCC's integrated clinical model for treating breast cancer.
- Study led by Dr. Jennifer Ligibel finds exercise programs can improve quality of life for cancer survivors.
Tags: BreastCancer, Nutrition
- A new iPhone app launched by Apple today will provide physician researchers with instant data from breast cancer survivors with a goal of providing patients improved post-treatment quality of life.
Tags: BreastCancer, Survivorship