News tagged ‘GraftVersusHost’ clear
- Dana-Farber researchers detail how low doses of interleukin-2 (IL-2) can alleviate chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) and possibly lead to better treatment for other immune disorders.
Tags: BasicResearch, GraftVersusHost
- Dana-Farber researchers found that an experimental drug combination for preventing graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) was not significantly better than the standard regimen of care, but that the new combination could provide an alternative that could be preferable in certain scenarios.
Tags: GraftVersusHost, StemCellTransplant, Leukemia
- In a study that seems to pivot on a paradox, scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute have used an immune system stimulant as an immune system suppressor to treat a common, often debilitating side effect of donor stem cell transplantation in cancer patients.
Tags: BasicResearch, GraftVersusHost, ImmuneSystem
- A drug used in multiple myeloma treatment may outperform other therapies
in transplant patients who had unrelated, partially matched donors.
- A new technique being tested in stem-cell transplants from imperfectly
matched donors reveals an unforeseen response that can suppress GVHD.