News tagged ‘Lymphoma’ clear
- Dana-Farber researchers and their colleagues report a toxin linked to a targeted monoclonal antibody has shown antitumor activity in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphomas who were no longer responding to treatment.
- Dana-Farber researchers identify a specific mutation that switches on Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia in one-third of patients, and a drug that targets the mutation — which could lead to better treatments for those patients.
Tags: Genetics, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber researchers found an experimental drug blocked vulnerable cell growth pathways in a diverse group of aggressive B cell lymphomas, suggesting a potential new avenue for treating the most common type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Dana-Farber scientists have discovered the mechanism behind thalidomide's cancer-killing properties, which could aid development of safer versions and a new class of cancer drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, MultipleMyeloma, Lymphoma
- A new Dana-Farber study shows a “big picture” view of an overactive B cell receptor (BCR) signaling pathway that drives about one-third of Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphomas, which could lead to more promising genetic targets for drug development.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Dana-Farber joined together to establish the Blood Cancer Research Partnership, an innovative program bringing together a network of sites for clinical trial testing of blood cancer therapies in community oncology settings across the country.
Tags: Leukemia, Lymphoma
- A national drug shortage has been linked to a higher rate of relapse among Hodgkin lymphoma patients enrolled in a national pediatric clinical trial, report researchers involved in the study.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber researchers found levels of galectin-1, an immunity-related protein, could be the basis of a test, and potentially a targeted treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma.
Tags: TargetedTherapy, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber researchers have found a genetic signature in tumors to help them determine if diffuse large B cell lymphoma patients will benefit more from traditional therapies or targeted therapies.
Tags: BasicResearch, Lymphoma
- Researchers at Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center have created a peptide that overcomes drug resistance and reactivates programmed cell death in recurrent blood cancers.
Tags: chemotherapy, DrugResistance, Leukemia, Lymphoma