News tagged ‘TargetedTherapy’ clear
- A new drug for renal cell carcinoma slowed the growth of advanced kidney cancer in patients who became resistant to the first-line therapies that had previously kept it in check, according to results from a clinical trial led by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- First study of the genomic composition of prostate cancer shows many patients have gene mutations that can be targeted with existing or potential drugs.
Tags: Genomics, ProstateCancer, TargetedTherapy
- A new technology developed at Dana-Farber may make it possible to target "undruggable" proteins and overcome drug resistance by using a cancer cell's own protein-degrading machinery to destroy, not just inhibit, cancer proteins.
Tags: BasicResearch, TargetedTherapy
- Patients whose metastatic stomach or esophageal cancers were driven by a mutated HER2 gene had markedly improved response rates and survival when bevacizumab (Avastin) was added to a standard drug combination according to a new study led by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute,
- Dana-Farber researchers report in the New England Journal of Medicine that ibrutinib, a newly approved drug for Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia, continues to control the rare blood cancer, with 95 percent of patients surviving for two years.
Tags: TargetedTherapy, TranslationalResearch, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber researchers report women with small, HER2-positive breast tumors who received a combination of lower-intensity chemotherapy and a targeted drug following surgery were highly unlikely to have the cancer recur within three years.
Tags: BreastCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Researchers have found a way to defeat one of the most tantalizing yet elusive target proteins in cancer cells by turning the protein's own molecular machinations against it. In a study published online by the journal Cell, the scientists used a specially crafted compound to disrupt the protein's ability to rev up its own production and that of other proteins involved in tumor cell growth.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, TargetedTherapy, TranscriptionFactors
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI) has launched a new nationwide clinical trial to find out if two molecularly targeted drugs that have improved outcomes in advanced lung cancer can increase survival of patients with early-stage lung cancer that has been surgically removed.
Tags: LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Significant improvement with the use of a combination drug therapy for recurrent ovarian cancer was reported at the annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) meeting in Chicago today. This is the first ovarian cancer study to use a combination of drugs that could be taken orally.
Tags: OvarianCancer, TargetedTherapy