News tagged ‘chemotherapy’ clear
- A national drug shortage has been linked to a higher rate of relapse among Hodgkin lymphoma patients enrolled in a national pediatric clinical trial, report researchers involved in the study.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- Pediatric patients with B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia who are likely to relapse after chemotherapy treatment can reduce those odds by receiving additional courses of chemotherapy, according to research by Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center investigators.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Leukemia
- Researchers at Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center have created a peptide that overcomes drug resistance and reactivates programmed cell death in recurrent blood cancers.
Tags: chemotherapy, DrugResistance, Leukemia, Lymphoma
- Adding Avastin to standard chemotherapy treatment may not improve survival rates for people with non-small cell lung cancer aged 65 plus, according to Dana-Farber researchers, who further suggest that clinicians exercise caution in including the drug in treatment recommendations.
Tags: chemotherapy, LungCancer
- Treatment with three "targeted" cancer drugs has been linked to a slightly elevated chance of fatal side effects, according to a new analysis led by scientists at Dana-Farber. These risks remain low, but they should be factored in when developing patients’ treatment plans.
Tags: chemotherapy, PatientEducation, PatientSafety, TargetedTherapy
- A combination of chemotherapies for colon cancer decreases recurrence
for patients under 70, but not for those who are older, according to
Mayo Clinic and Dana-Farber scientists.
Tags: chemotherapy, BasicResearch, ColonCancer
- The vast majority of advanced colon cancer patients in a clinical trial
were not concerned about the cost of prescription drugs, according to a
study led by Dana-Farber researchers.
Tags: chemotherapy, ColonCancer