The Postdoc and Graduate Student Affairs Office (PGSAO) promotes the educational and career growth of postdoctoral fellows and graduate students at Dana-Farber. The PGSAO helps postdocs and graduate students expand on their research training by offering a variety of services to enhance their professional development.
The PGSAO supports postdocs by:
- Providing symposia, seminars, a retreat, and editing services so postdocs can:
- Establish a career plan and meet their goals.
- Successfully compete for extramural fellowships and educational grants.
- Enhance their writing skills for successful manuscript and journal article publication.
- Learn the skills necessary to transition from training to a long-term career, such as networking, resume preparation, interviewing and negotiation.
- Providing information about the Boston area through written and online materials.
- Offering a postdoc guidebook that covers frequently asked questions at Dana-Farber.
- Working with Dana-Farber Human Resources to maintain minimum salary standards and benefits.
For more information, please email
Jennifer Molina or call 617-632-4223.
Resources and services
The Postdoc and Graduate Student Affairs Office offers the following services to the community of postdocs and graduate students at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
Workshops and seminars for professional development include:
- Manuscript Writing
- Lab Management
- Careers Beyond the Bench
- Grant Writing 101
- CV Preparation and Interview Techniques
- Balancing a Family and a Research Career
- Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Rights
Postdoc and Graduate Student Lounge/Resource Center (Smith 347), where students can:
- Use a computer workstation
- Find information about upcoming programs at Dana-Farber, throughout the Harvard community, and in the Boston area
- Relax and socialize, take a break, enjoy a cup of coffee, watch TV
One-on-one science editing services for:
- Grant applications
- Fellowship applications
- Scientific manuscripts
- Cover letters, curriculum vitae, and resumés