Adult Social Work Program
Patients and their loved ones often face many new concerns and anxieties following a cancer diagnosis. Dana-Farber's licensed social workers are here to help.
Our social work team can help you with:
- Depression and anxiety
- Distress in response to diagnosis and treatment
- Concerns about safety in personal relationships
- Concerns about drug and alcohol use
- Impact of cancer on your family and caregivers
- Discussing your illness and treatment with your children
- Coping with advanced cancer and facing uncertainty
- Impact of cancer on work, school, and finances
- Conflict between patient and family
- Finding supportive resources in your local community
To learn more and make an appointment, call 617-632-3301
Our resource specialists can help you with:
- Local transportation
- Short-term accommodations during treatment
- Applications for special financial assistance programs (including pharmacy programs)
- Other special needs (Food pantry Information, fuel assistance programs)
To contact a resource specialist, please call 617-632-3301.
Our Patient Navigator program is available to those who face language and/or cultural barriers in accessing care.
Dana-Farber's social workers also facilitate a number of support groups for cancer patients and family members.