Adult Social Work Program
Patients and their loved ones often face many new concerns and anxieties following a cancer diagnosis. Dana-Farber's licensed social workers, working with our Adult Psychosocial Oncology team, are here to help.
Our social work team can help you with:
- Depression and anxiety
- Distress in response to diagnosis and treatment
- Concerns about safety in personal relationships
- Concerns about drug and alcohol use
- Impact of cancer on your family and caregivers
- Discussing your illness and treatment with your children
- Coping with advanced cancer and facing uncertainty
- Impact of cancer on work, school, and finances
- Conflict between patient and family
- Finding supportive resources in your local community
If you're a parent living with cancer, social workers in our Family Connections Program can help you deal with the difficult task of managing a family during treatment. We also offer special support for young people (ages 18 to 39) being treated for cancer through our Young Adult Program.
To learn more and make an appointment with a social worker, call 617-632-3301.
Our resource specialists can help you with:
- Local transportation
- Short-term accommodations during treatment
- Applications for special financial assistance programs (including pharmacy programs)
- Other special needs (Food pantry Information, fuel assistance programs)
To contact a resource specialist, please call 617-632-3301.
Our Patient Navigator program is available to those who face language and/or cultural barriers in accessing care.
Dana-Farber's social workers also facilitate a number of support groups for cancer patients and family members.