News tagged ‘BreastCancer’ clear
- Tari King, MD, has been named Chief of Breast Surgery at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center where she will oversee breast surgery and continue to build DF/BWCC's integrated clinical model for treating breast cancer.
- Study led by Dr. Jennifer Ligibel finds exercise programs can improve quality of life for cancer survivors.
Tags: BreastCancer, Nutrition
- A new iPhone app launched by Apple today will provide physician researchers with instant data from breast cancer survivors with a goal of providing patients improved post-treatment quality of life.
Tags: BreastCancer, Survivorship
- A study by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute scientists indicates that the pool of patients who can benefit from the drug olaparib is potentially much wider — and offers a ready means of identifying them.
Tags: BreastCancer, OvarianCancer
- A new study finds many breast cancer patients don't know the characteristics of their own disease, such as cancer stage and tumor grade.
Tags: BreastCancer, PatientEducation
- Dana-Farber researchers report women with small, HER2-positive breast tumors who received a combination of lower-intensity chemotherapy and a targeted drug following surgery were highly unlikely to have the cancer recur within three years.
Tags: BreastCancer, TargetedTherapy
- In a clinical trial involving women with triple-negative breast cancer, patients who received the drugs carboplatin and/or bevacizumab in combination with standard chemotherapy prior to surgery were more likely to have their tumors disappear entirely from the breast, according to data presented by investigators during the 2014 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
- Adding a PI3K inhibitor to hormonal therapy for metastatic breast cancer may help overcome resistance to the hormonal therapy and delay disease progression, according to investigators from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Division of Cancer Prevention and Control (DCPC) has awarded a $1.75 million 5 year grant to the Program for Young Women with Breast Cancer at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to increase the awareness of breast cancer among women and enhance the support services for those diagnosed and treated. The Program for Young Women with Breast Cancer at Dana-Farber was one of only seven organizations to be awarded this competitive grant.
Tags: BreastCancer, Grants