LYNKED IN Lynch Syndrome Patient Conference
UPDATE: 2020 Lynch Syndrome Virtual Patient Conference
Hosted by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute’s Lynch Syndrome Center, the 5th Annual LYNKED IN conference for individuals and families of those with Lynch syndrome has been rescheduled for Saturday, September 12, 2020, as a virtual event.
- The in-person conference scheduled for March 28 was postponed due to COVID-19
- Our keynote speaker, Dr. Matthias Kloor, from Heidelberg University in Germany, will be addressing the latest research on vaccines for Lynch syndrome
- There will be additional presentations on diet and lifestyle, the latest research and screening recommendations, and a live Q&A discussion
In the coming weeks we’ll be posting more details about the conference. If you have any questions, please email us at LynchSyndromeCenter@dfci.harvard.edu.
We look forward to seeing you on September 12!
View video coverage of presentations from past LYNKED IN conferences:
Patients Helping Patients
Team Lynch Syndrome (formerly Team Sandi) is our Center's team for Dana-Farber's Jimmy Fund Walk,
now in its eighth year. Since 2013, Team Lynch Syndrome has raised over $160,000 for Lynch syndrome research at Dana-Farber. One hundred percent of the proceeds raised by our team directly support Lynch syndrome research and national education efforts
to raise awareness of this rare disorder, including funding our annual LYNKED IN Lynch Syndrome Patient Conference.
Team Lynch Syndrome was founded to honor Sandi Braune, a patient of Dr. Sapna Syngal, who passed away from colon cancer in 2003 shortly after discovering she had Lynch syndrome. The team comprises Lynch syndrome previvors (patients who have not had cancer
but have tested positive for a mutation in one of the mismatch repair genes that cause Lynch syndrome), Lynch syndrome cancer survivors, non-carrier relatives, friends, and Dana-Farber staff, and is a great way to connect with other individuals with
This year's Jimmy Fund Walk will be held on Sunday, October 4, 2020.
Follow Team Lynch Syndrome on Facebook
Dana-Farber's Team Lynch Syndrome in the Jimmy Fund Walk
Support the Lynch Syndrome Center
Your support can help advance research and provide care for individuals with Lynch syndrome, contributing towards:
- Creating lasting educational materials and tools for the community
- Hosting Fellows focused on Lynch syndrome patient care and research, to help us mentor and train the next generation of Lynch syndrome experts
- Launching an interactive, patient-focused website with forums, support groups, event announcements, and news
- Implementing patient-driven cancer risk assessment tools in clinical practices, so patients can assess their individualized risk for Lynch syndrome via a user-friendly web application
- Putting together an American Medical Association-accredited physician-focused Lynch Syndrome Conference with educational talks
- Organizing the annual patient LYNKED IN Conference, started in 2016, where patients can learn about the latest research and clinical management of Lynch syndrome
- Hiring staff, such as additional nurse navigators to assist and support patients more closely; a program coordinator to support Center operations; and clinical and support staff to manage Lynch syndrome patient clinical care and research study appointments
Naming opportunities for the Center are also still available. For more information, contact Angelle Kettlewell at email@example.com or 617-632-5027.