LYNKED IN Lynch Syndrome Patient Conference
LYNKED IN is an annual, one-day educational conference for individuals with Lynch syndrome, their families, and caregivers, hosted by Dana-Farber's Center for Cancer Genetics and Prevention, with the goal
of connecting and empowering Lynch syndrome families.
This program provides attendees with updates on guidelines for screening and prevention, strategies for communicating one's cancer risk with family, and information about the latest advances in the treatment of Lynch syndrome.
This year's conference will be held on Saturday, March 30 from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. We will be live tweeting from the event. Follow us on Twitter:
Sapna Syngal, MD — @SapnaSyngal
Matt Yurgelun, MD — @MattYurgelun
Conference hashtag — #LYNKEDIN2019
Registration is closed for this year's conference, but you can email us at LynchSyndromeCenter@dfci.harvard.edu for information about our 2020 conference.
View video coverage of presentations from past LYNKED IN conferences:
Patients Helping Patients
Team Lynch Syndrome (formerly Team Sandi) is our Center's team for Dana-Farber's Jimmy Fund Walk, now in its seventh year. Since 2013, Team Lynch Syndrome has raised
over $125,000 for Lynch syndrome research at Dana-Farber. One hundred percent of the proceeds raised by our team directly support Lynch syndrome research and national education efforts to raise awareness of this rare disorder, including funding our
annual LYNKED IN Lynch Syndrome Patient Conference.
Team Lynch Syndrome was founded to honor Sandi Braune, a patient of Dr. Sapna Syngal, who passed away from colon cancer in 2003 shortly after discovering she had Lynch syndrome. The team comprises Lynch syndrome previvors (patients who have not had cancer
but have tested positive for a mutation in one of the mismatch repair genes that cause Lynch syndrome), Lynch syndrome cancer survivors, non-carrier relatives, friends, and Dana-Farber staff, and is a great way to connect with other individuals with
Follow Team Lynch Syndrome on Facebook
Dana-Farber's Team Lynch Syndrome in the Jimmy Fund Walk
Support the Lynch Syndrome Center
Your support can help advance research and provide care for individuals with Lynch syndrome, contributing towards:
- Creating lasting educational materials and tools for the community
- Hosting Fellows focused on Lynch syndrome patient care and research, to help us mentor and train the next generation of Lynch syndrome experts
- Launching an interactive, patient-focused website with forums, support groups, event announcements, and news
- Implementing patient-driven cancer risk assessment tools in clinical practices, so patients can assess their individualized risk for Lynch syndrome via a user-friendly web application
- Putting together an American Medical Association-accredited physician-focused Lynch Syndrome Conference with educational talks
- Organizing the annual patient LYNKED IN Conference, started in 2016, where patients can learn about the latest research and clinical management of Lynch syndrome
- Hiring staff, such as additional nurse navigators to assist and support patients more closely; a program coordinator to support Center operations; and clinical and support staff to manage Lynch syndrome patient clinical care and research study appointments
Naming opportunities for the Center are also still available. For more information, contact Angelle Kettlewell at email@example.com or 617-632-5027.