Principal Investigator:Konstantinopoulos, Panagiotis, A.
Site Research Nurse(s):Colella, Tina,
Thistle, Katrina, M.
The objective of this study is to assess the efficacy and safety of the combination of
alpelisib and olaparib compared with single agent cytotoxic chemotherapy in patients with
platinum resistant or refractory high-grade serous ovarian cancer, with no germline BRCA
- Participant has histologically confirmed diagnosis of high-grade serous or high-grade
endometrioid ovarian cancer, fallopian tube cancer, or primary peritoneal cancer
- Measurable disease, i.e., at least one measurable lesion per RECIST 1.1 criteria (a
lesion at a previously irradiated site may only be counted as a target lesion if there
is clear sign of progression since the irradiation)
- If no measurable disease is present, the disease should be assessable by Gynecologic
Cancer Intergroup criteria (GCIC) for CA-125
- Participant has no germline BRCA1/2 mutation as determined by an FDA approved assay.
- Participant has an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0
- Participant has platinum-resistant (progression within one to six months after
completing platinum-based therapy) or platinum refractory disease (progression during
treatment or within 4 weeks after the last dose), where platinum-based therapy is not
an option, according to the GCIG 5th Ovarian Cancer Consensus Conference definitions.
The platinum-based chemotherapy regimen does not necessarily need to be the last
regimen the participant received prior to study entry.
- Participant must have received at least one but no more than three prior systemic
treatment regimens and for whom single-agent chemotherapy is appropriate as the next
line of treatment.
- Participant has adequate bone marrow and organ function
- Participant has received prior treatment with any PI3K, mTOR or AKT inhibitor.
- Participant is concurrently using other anti-cancer therapy
- Participant is in a state of small or large bowel obstruction or has other impairment
of gastrointestinal (GI) function or GI disease
- Participant has had surgery within 14 days prior to starting study drug or has not
recovered from major side effects
- Participant has not recovered from all toxicities 5 related to prior anticancer
therapies to baseline or NCI CTCAE Version 4.03 Grade ≤1. Exception to this criterion:
participants with any grade of alopecia are allowed to enter the study.
- Participants with liver impairment and Child Pugh score B or C
- Participant has received radiotherapy ≤ 4 weeks or limited field radiation for
palliation ≤2 weeks prior to randomization, and who has not recovered to baseline,
grade 1 or better from related side effects of such therapy (with the exception of
- Participant has a known hypersensitivity to any of the study drugs or excipients
Other inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply
Protocol #: 21-368