Condition(s):Breast Cancer; HER2-positive; Metastatic
Principal Investigator:Tolaney, Sara, M
Site Research Nurse(s):Bowers, Jordan,
Dishman, Rachel, C.
Roche, Kathleen, A.
The study will evaluate the efficacy and safety of trastuzumab deruxtecan (also known as
T-DXd, DS-8201a), either alone or in combination with pertuzumab, in treating patients with
Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-positive breast cancer as a first line of
Key - Patients must be ≥18 years of age
- Pathologically documented breast cancer that:
1. is advanced or metastatic
2. is locally assessed and prospectively centrally confirmed as HER2-positive (IHC3+
3. is documented by local testing as hormone receptor (HR)-positive or HR-negative
disease in the metastatic setting
- No prior chemotherapy or HER2-targeted therapy for advanced or metastatic breast
cancer or only 1 previous line of endocrine therapy in the metastatic setting.
Participants who have received chemotherapy or HER2-targeted therapy in the
neo-adjuvant or adjuvant setting are eligible if > 6 months from treatment to
- Has protocol-defined adequate organ and bone marrow function
- ECOG performance status 0 or 1
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Ineligible for any of the agents on the study.
- Any substance abuse or other medical conditions that, in the investigator's opinion,
may interfere with subject's participation or study results
- Patients with spinal cord compression or clinically active central nervous system
metastases. Participants with clinically inactive brain metastases or treated brain
metastases that are no longer symptomatic may be included in the study.
- Active or prior documented interstitial lung disease (ILD)/pneumonitis or suspected
ILD/pneumonitis that cannot be ruled out by imaging at screening
- Prior randomization or treatment in a previous trastuzumab deruxtecan study regardless
of treatment arm assignment
Protocol #: 21-480