The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation has regularly recognized Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as a Health Equity Index Top Performing Healthcare Facility based on our approach to, and practices for, the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer
At Dana-Farber, we know that the LGBTQ community faces unique challenges and health disparities, and we work to provide care that addresses each person's cancer in the context of their lives.
LGBTQ patients are at a higher risk for certain types of cancers, including
anal, and some others. As one of the world's foremost cancer centers treating these types of cancer – and as a leader in providing equitable care and strong advocacy for LGBTQ patients – Dana-Farber is in a unique position
to serve the LGBTQ community.
Dana-Farber provides the latest, most innovative treatment available to LGBTQ patients challenged with cancer, as well as compassion and support to their families and loved ones:
- Our world-renowned specialists provide comprehensive, personalized cancer care and support.
- Our clinical researchers offer unique
clinical trials in the cancers to which LGBTQ patients are most at risk.
viral immunology researchers lead the field in HIV- and AIDS-related research breakthroughs.
Dana-Farber's Commitment to LGBTQ Patients
Our specialists provide world-renowned, expert cancer care – including for diagnoses that disproportionately affect the LGBTQ community. For patients of all genders and sexualities, we are committed to providing comprehensive, personalized, and compassionate
cancer care that's as unique as you are.
Read a brochure about care for LGBTQ patients at Dana-Farber.
To support our LGBTQ patients and their families, we offer the following information and resources:
- LGBTQ-friendly provider directory: Access to a list of Dana-Farber providers who are particularly interested in treating LGBTQ patients.
- Policies supporting LGBTQ patient care: A comprehensive list of Dana-Farber policies that deliver on our commitment to treating LGBTQ patients with the same high level of dignity and quality of care that all our patients deserve and
- Description of Dana-Farber's LGBTQ community: Information about the Dana-Farber LGBTQ community and its advocacy for Dana-Farber patients, families, and staff.
- Online resources: A compilation of online resources focused on care and information for LGBTQ patients who are challenged by cancer.
For questions, concerns, or more information about patient care for the LGBTQ community at Dana-Farber, please contact the staff of Dana-Farber Patient/Family Relations at 617-632-3417 or email
email@example.com. Our staff aims to provide help, sensitivity, and compassion to LGBTQ patients, their families, and loved ones.
I initially had some difficulty processing my lymphoma diagnosis. I had my first chemotherapy in NH, but then switched to DFCI to be closer to friends. I felt welcomed by the staff, who enjoyed the lovely formal dresses I chose to wear to help me
feel pretty during such an arduous time. The acceptance and respectful treatment I received at DFCI confirmed every positive thing I'd heard about the quality of the care there.