Irish Soda Bread
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups regular flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup raisins, soaked and drained
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a bowl, combine first 6 dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, regular flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and allspice).
- In another bowl, combine the next 4 wet ingredients (raisins, milk, vinegar, and beaten eggs).
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Transfer to 2 greased baking pans – about 1/2 of the dough for each pan.
- Bake at 325 F for 35 - 40 minutes.
2 loaves, 16 pieces/loaf, serving size 1 piece
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.