The Lubin Family Volunteer Services Department at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is committed to providing compassionate, well-trained resourceful volunteers to assist staff and patients, their families and friends.
We expect volunteers to be reliable, committed to their volunteer service, and available on a regular basis.
The following are the requirements to be a volunteer at Dana-Farber:
- Commit to at least one four-hour shift each week for one year.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
We will review your application to determine eligibility for a placement, and then call you for an interview with a volunteer services staff member. We select volunteers for placement based on availability, time commitment, interests, and skills.
Before you begin
Once you are interviewed and selected as a volunteer, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Complete on-boarding forms and paperwork
- CORI Form background check
- Complete an orientation
- If on-site, an occupational health clearance; required to have documentation of flu vaccine, Tb test, and COVID-19 vaccine and booster.