May 26, 2021
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund's second annual Giving Day, May 26, was a special opportunity to show the power of our community to defy cancer. Throughout the day, we shared stories like King's, a resilient young boy being treated for
acute lymphoblastic leukemia at Dana-Farber's Jimmy Fund Clinic. Thanks to our incredible community, and a generous $250,000 match from a Dana-Farber Trustee, we raised more than $1.1 million in support of the Defy Cancer Fund and patients like King!
The Defy Cancer Fund helps Dana-Farber to:
- Pursue innovative early stage research
- Speed new drugs into clinical trials
- Maintain a world-class research and clinical team
- Increase access to care and reduce disparities
- Meet unanticipated needs, such as those imposed by COVID-19
- Support special programs that address the physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual needs of patients and their families
On behalf of our patients, families, and all of us at Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund, we are grateful for your loyal support — today and every day.
For more information or to make a gift, contact:
Dana-Farber’s Philanthropy Office