A donor-advised fund (DAF) is an investment account for philanthropic giving that offers an immediate tax benefit and the flexibility to support your preferred charities right away or over time.
donor-advised fund tool
The advantages of giving through your DAF
- Simplicity: Your sponsoring organization handles all record-keeping, disbursements (including an option for automatic distributions), and tax receipts, and provides you with a single document at tax time. Plus, it's an easy gift to make because it does not affect your current cash flow.
- Timing: You can request that a donation be made at any time or make automatic recurring gifts on a schedule of your choice.
- Flexible funding options: Fund your DAF with the assets of your choice, including cash, stock, securities, real estate, and even crypto.
Why recommend a grant from your DAF to Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund
Your support helps to Defy Cancer. Here are a few examples of how Dana-Farber is changing cancer research and care:
- Dana-Farber played a critical role in developing nearly one in four FDA-approved cancer drugs in the last ten year
- Our total patient care model serves physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients and families
- Dana-Farber pioneered Profile, one of the broadest and most comprehensive enterprise-level, patient-based cancer genomics projects in the world
Please call Dana-Farber's Philanthropy office at 617-632-6099 or email Kyle Cutter-Dabiri.
Are you a financial advisor?
If your clients are looking to make a gift through their DAF, please note Dana-Farber's tax ID number is 04-2263040. Please see our Resources for Advisors for more