A donor-advised fund (DAF) is an investment account for philanthropic giving that offers an immediate tax benefit and the flexibility to support your preferred charities right away or over time.
donor-advised fund tool
The advantages of giving through your DAF
- Simplicity: Your sponsoring organization handles all record-keeping, disbursements (including an option for automatic distributions), and tax receipts and provides you with a single document at tax time.
- Timing: You can request that a donation be made at any time or make automatic recurring gifts on a schedule of your choice.
- Open to all: Individuals, families, companies, foundations and other entities can start a DAF.
- Increase your philanthropic capital: With varying investment strategies available, the funds in your DAF have the potential to grow tax-free.
- Flexible funding options: Fund your DAF with the assets of your choice, including cash, stock, securities, and even real estate.
- Join our donor community: Induction into Dana-Farber's recognition societies based on gift level
Why recommend a grant from your DAF to Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund
Your support fuels groundbreaking discoveries and initiatives. Here are a few examples of how Dana-Farber is changing cancer research and care:
- Led discovery, development, or clinical testing of 41 of 100 FDA new cancer drugs approved
- Developed 22 of the novel cancer drugs added to the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines
- Discovered the pathways to PDL1 and PD-L2 — a breakthrough that ignited the field of immunology
- Pioneered PROFILE, one of the broadest and most comprehensive enterprise-level, patient-based cancer genomics projects in the world
Please call Dana-Farber's Philanthropy office at 617-632-6099, or email Kimberly Mougenel.
Are you a financial advisor?
If your clients are looking to make a gift through their DAF, please note Dana-Farber's tax ID number is 04-2263040. Please see our Resources for Advisors for more