Help conquer cancer with a tax-free gift from your IRA to Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund.
To make an IRA gift to Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund, you need to:
- Be age 70½ or older
- Give any amount up to $100,000 from your IRA
- Transfer funds directly from a traditional or rollover IRA
- Transfer the gift outright to Dana-Farber—rollovers to a gift annuity or charitable remainder trust are not eligible for tax benefits
Why should I make a gift from my IRA?
- Tax benefits: A charitable gift transferred from your IRA directly to Dana-Farber will not be taxed and will qualify for the required minimum distribution (RMD), maximizing benefits to both you and Dana-Farber.
- Ease: You do not need an attorney to make this gift. Simply contact your fund administrator. Dana-Farber’s tax ID number is 04-2263040.
- Flexibility: An IRA gift can be directed to unrestricted support for Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund’s lifesaving mission or a specific area.
How do I make an IRA rollover gift?
- Contact your fund administrator or financial advisor, and then call Dana-Farber’s Development Office at 617-632-6099. Dana-Farber’s tax ID number is 04-2263040.
- Download this
sample distribution letter you can customize and share with your IRA administrator
or financial advisor.
Gifts from an IRA cannot be accepted when goods or services from the charity are provided.
How do I make a gift by beneficiary designation?
- Access your account online or contact your plan administrator to request a beneficiary designation form
- Designate Dana-Farber as a full or partial beneficiary of your IRA
- Contact Dana-Farber's Development Office at 617-632-6099 to let us know of your thoughtful future gift